A statistical look ahead to Southampton's game against Tottenham Hotspur in the Barclays Premier League at St Mary's on Saturday.
• Southampton have allowed fewer shots on target against them than any other team in the Barclays Premier League (93).
• Tottenham have won their last five Premier League game against Southampton, after losing four of the preceding five meetings.
• Christian Eriksen has scored three goals in three Premier League games against Saints.
• Southampton have both scored (four per cent) and conceded (eight per cent) the lowest proportion of headed goals so far this season.
• Saints have not conceded in their last three home matches, winning all three.
• If only second halves of Premier League games counted this season, Ronald Koeman’s side would be second behind Chelsea.
• 56 points after 33 matches is Southampton’s best ever Premier League performance.
• Spurs have fewest points after 33 matches of this season (57) than they had in any of the last three.
• Spurs have had more shots on target from outside the box than any other team (69).
Saints wins: 36
Spurs wins: 50
• The two sides first competed in the 1902 FA Cup, with the tie needing two replays before Saints won 2-1.
• Saints’ first league win against Spurs came on Boxing Day 1929, when they won 1-0 at home.
• The first Division Two league meeting between the two sides ended in a 1-1 draw in September 1928.
• Saints have lost the last five meetings with Tottenham in the Premier League.
• Southampton’s last Premier League win against Spurs came in 2005, when a goal from Nigel Quashie won the game.
• Saints won four meetings in a row in all competitions in 2003 and 2004, before a 5-1 Premier League win for Spurs.
• Spurs beat Saints 7-2 in a Premier League clash back in March 2000.
Oct 2014: Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Southampton (Premier League)
Mar 2014: Tottenham Hotspur 3-2 Southampton (Premier League)
Dec 2013: Southampton 2-3 Tottenham Hotspur (Premier League)
May 2013: Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Southampton (Premier League)
Oct 2012: Southampton 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur (Premier League)
Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Southampton
Barclays Premier League
5th October 2014
Christian Eriksen scored the only goal of the game when the two sides met back in October at White Hart Lane.
Facing Saints for the first time since his departure, Mauricio Pochettino saw Eriksen fire home in the first half to win the game.
Sadio Mané had a great chance to earn Saints a point with a second-half chance that he was unable to convert as Spurs held on.
Southampton: Forster, Clyne, Alderweireld, Fonte (c), Bertrand, Schneiderlin, Wanyama (Long), S. Davis, Mané, Tadić, Pellè. Unused substitutes: K. Davis, Gardos, Cork, Mayuka, Reed, Targett.