saintsfc.co.uk takes a look at some of the facts and figures ahead of Southampton's game against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park in the Barclays Premier League.
• Saints have lost just one of their last six Barclays Premier League games played on Boxing Day (W2 D3 L1).
• Saints have won the last five league games against Crystal Palace without the Eagles finding the net.
• Neil Warnock’s side have averages just 35.6 per cent possession in the Premier League this season.
• Only once (53.5% vs Sunderland) have Palace enjoyed over 50 per cent possession in a league game during 2014/15.
• The game will be Saints’ 600th game in the Premier League, having played 1,509 top-flight games in total.
• Graziano Pellè has scored one goal away from home so far in the league this season – but it did come in London against West Ham United.
• Yannick Bolasie (131) is one of three players to have attempted over 100 dribbles in the league this season (along with Eden Hazard and Raheem Sterling).
• The Eagles have won none of their previous Premier League matches on a Friday (D2 L1).
• Saints have won all eight league games this season when they have opened the scoring.
Saints wins: 39
Palace wins: 34
• Crystal Palace have never beaten Southampton in the Premier League (W0 D4 L6).
• Saints and Palace competed against each other in the Southern League from 1906 when they first met, up until 1920.
• The first meeting between the two sides came in September 1906, and ended in a 1-1 draw.
• Saints’ first win against Crystal Palace came away from home in 1908, as they beat the Eagles 3-2.
• Palace’s last league win against Saints came in December 2008, when they won 3-0 in the Championship at home.
• Last season, Saints beat Palace 1-0 at Selhurst Park and 2-0 at St Mary’s.
• Saints beat Crystal Palace at the semi-final stage on their way to winning the FA Cup in 1976.
Mar 2014: Crystal Palace 0-1 Southampton (Barclays Premier League)
Sept 2013: Southampton 2-0 Crystal Palace (Barclays Premier League)
Apr 2012: Crystal Palace 0-2 Southampton (Championship)
Dec 2011: Southampton 2-0 Crystal Palace (Championship)
Oct 2011: Crystal Palace 2-0 Southampton (Carling Cup)
Crystal Palace 0-1 Southampton
8th March 2014
Barclays Premier League
Saints made it five straight wins in a row against Crystal Palace thanks to a 1-0 win against Crystal Palace at St Mary’s.
Jay Rodriguez’s goal in the 37th minute was enough to win it for Saints, as they completed the double over Palace following a 2-0 success at St Mary’s earlier in the campaign.
Saints: Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Cork (Wanyama), S. Davis (Ward-Prowse), Lambert (Gallagher), Lallana, Rodriguez. Unused substitutes: Gazzaniga, Yoshida, Chambers, Ramírez.